Saturday, June 7, 2008

more vacation fun



Well I have gotten all my June swaps done and ready to mail out Monday. That was a huge task but is finished. Touched up my daughters ceiling. She painted her room and sort of slipped a few times with Maroon paint on the white ceiling. Didn't bother her but bugged me to death. So there is another job done. This heat is unbelievable. I've never been hot before. Guess I've finally acclimated myself to Florida. It's a good thing stamping and card making are done sitting quietly. Getting lots of things put together. Please don't let me run out of tape. LOL Tried out a new Technique from TJ's call Faux handmade paper. A very cool technique and has a homemade paper look to it. My friend Lis though who really does make some gorgeous paper probably will not agree. The stamp is a retired SU. The other card uses another TJ technique called Mesh direct. I really like this look. Kind of reminds me of snake skin. The birdhouse stamp is one I just got from Art Impressions. Used my Distressed inks and a water brush to color it. Ran a scalloped round Nestabilitie through the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder and chalked it. Husband just got home and for some reason he thinks he needs supper. Doesn't he understand I am on vacation. Oh well.

No comments: