Friday, October 9, 2009

I finished a Mojo Sketch

I've been looking at this sketch all week wanting to do it. I was determined to get it done this morning before I headed for work. I already had this paper attached to the card stock for a project I never finished so decided to start from there. The stamp is from I Brake for Stamps. I used Gamsol and my Prisma pencils to color it.

Here's my attempt at a masked brayered Zindorf. Needs work. She must have a magical brayer.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A whole day to myself

Wow!! It's been awhile since I had a whole day where I didn't have to be somewhere else. So after I cleaned the house and did the laundry I went straight to my desk. Where to begin. After coloring several images and mixing and matching papers and backgrounds I started to complete some cards. Here are a couple. The first background is a piece of glossy card stock. I stamped with Versa mark a leaf background stamp and then embossed in white. Then using a dauber colored here and there with some Adirondack inks. The crackled layer is actually a paint chip. Didn't have to do anything to it. Came that way. Cool!!The leaves were cut out of a piece of a Salted background. The photo doesn't show what the salt does to the ink but it leaves pits in the ink. To do this technique wet a piece of glossy card stock. Paint it with some dye reinkers. Wet again. Sprinkle with salt either Kosher or Table. Let dry. Wipe off the salt.

I received this cute nest image in a swap. I really like it. Used Gamsol and prisma pencils to color. Inked the edge in dark blue and used a light blue pastels to shade around the image. Found a background I had made a long time ago. Wrapped it with an olive green ribbon and added to a white card base.

This next image is another one I got in a swap. Colored the same as the nest. Pressed a Versa Mark pad all over. Poured Heat and Stick powder on it. Heated it up and then Sprinkled with glitter. Easy to do. Sparkly too look at.