Sunday, April 27, 2008

Techno Stamper sketch challenge



Well finally I got this challenge done also.http://technostamper.blogspot.com/ I missed doing the challenges last week. Just so much going on and seems like we spent most of it in a car. I've been trying all day to follow this sketch but everything I started ended up being something else. Then I saw the saying about the leaves falling. I had stamped it last night. I just bought this yesterday at Scrap and Stamp Art Studio along with an Encore Teal Metallic Pad. I wanted to see what the ink looked like and that stamp was the one sitting there. So tried it out. Well I know I should be making summery cards but I love coloring leaves and making fall cards. I guess that comes from growing up in the north. We would gather the leaves and press them in books or between 2 pieces of waxed paper. Love the fall colors. Of course living in Florida I do get to see the fall leaves change but it's not until around Feb. Robin can just not get used to that but anyways getting back to the card. I layered a leaf print paper on a beige color and then on a SU Choc. Chip card. Then I took the same beige paper to cut out a 3x3 square. Water colored 2 leaves, cut them out and ran them through the Xyron. Added them to the square. Cut out my saying I had stamped in the shape of a circle. Added some punched leaves and I was done. That was so easy. Now why didn't I do that first?? The second card is a Dahlia Fold. I was at a class for butterflies last week and they were going to do these flowers. But Susan the owner of the Stamping Studio used Waxy Flax instead of the Flourishes everyone has been using for the stems. I really liked it and bought some. It's the first one I've made I have been happy with. The flower uses SU double sided paper and Purely Pomegranate Card stock. Well now hopefully I will be back to normal next week.

5 comments:

bizestampin said...

Love your Dahlia folded card.
It looks so great.
Debi

Norma Gwen Watson said...

love both cards, great job!

MJ said...

Very very pretty! I love both of your cards. Thanks so much for playing along and you were not late -- the new sketch is not posted yet, lol!

Terri said...

Nice job on both cards. The Dahila fold card is great though. I am 2 weeks behind on the sketches so don't feel bad. I hope this week I will be able to do one.

Anonymous said...

What GORGEOUS cards Pat! But that is no surprise, your work is always great! You have inspired me to fit in some "me" time to do what I enjoy and create this week. Thank you so much, I really needed that boost!
Patty