Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 7- Wow I have been doing this for a whole week.

I have really been enjoying this daily challenge. I hadn't been making time for myself and that is one thing we all need to do.
Todays item was a little bag of plastic snowflakes. This was easy!! Snowmen!! Since my box has lots of Christmas & snowman card items in it this one went together really quick. I had made this background sometime ago. It's a water color batik. I made several with the same stamps. Hated them all and have ignored them until today. This one seemed perfect. The little snowmen image was one I received in a swap. I really like it. It's on my list of things to find. Colored it with Copics, pounced with Versa mark, then poured on the heat and stick powder from SU, heated it and then poured on the glitter and reheated. So they are all sparkly. A very easy card.



In looking through my box to make these cards I came across an oval I had stamped and distressed some time ago. It cried out use me so I had layed it out on my desk. Last night I found a cuttlebugged background made with that wood frame with the oval opening i just had to have and haven't used since this trial run. Sponged it with mustard and vintage photo distressed inks so it matched my flower oval. Mounted it on 2 matching card stock pieces. Now I needed some thing to finish it off. Took out my Martha Stewart Butterfly punches and my technique stash and started punching. Nothing worked then I found a Polished stone piece that was just the right colors and walla. Added a few beads for the butterflies bodies and I was done. I have 2 other stamped images that were started and never finished sitting here calling out to me. I will be sure to work with them this evening if I have the time. I will be getting home late today. Everyone I challenge you to take 5 minutes a day to start working on something. Just 5 minutes a day for some Me time. You will enjoy it. I promise.

No comments: