Monday, June 13, 2011

2 challenges


The Challenge at The Friends of Speedy the Cat is to make a Fathers Day card this week. I started out trying to combine this challenge with the Stampin Bs challenge which is use 1 layer, 2 stamps and 3 colors plus neutrals. I stamped the truck and colored it with 3 colors, added the sentiment and hated it. It was just too plain. So trimmed it down, finished coloring it and added my layers and bling to finish the card. I am much happier with it now but I still needed a card for the other challenge. Over at Speedy TV there was a card posted which caught my eye last week. It was such an easy design technique and was perfect for the Stampin Bs challenge. So I have used the idea but changed it by not having a colored layer.  I have 1 white card base layer, used 2 stamps from the new set Poppies Poppies Poppies from Marks Finest Papers and 3 colors plus black. I made a stamp pad with shades of blue and mustard to stamp the poppies.

6 comments:

Janeen said...

Pat, I really like that plaid paper with this truck, reminiscent of Pendleton Woolen shirts and fall days. Thanks for playing with us at Speedy's Friends. Good Luck in the drawing.

Winnie and Patty said...

Pat--you did a fantastic job of coloring this wonderful image and making it a Father's Day card! I love the bg paper you chose also! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

redwasher1 said...

Pat, what a stunning father's day card!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing your card with us at Speedy's Friends.

pam124 said...

I love your take on the one-layer StampinB challenge this week. The framed flowers look awesome. Thanks for joining in and hope you can play next week! Pam-DT-StampinB

Carol Hurlock said...

Your father's day card is amazing. What a fantastic shading and coloring job. Thanks so much for playing along with Speedy's Friends this week. It is a pleasure to come to view your work. Hope you can play with us again next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Nan G said...

Pat, your Poppies are "gorgeous"!!! thanks for your comment on my froggy designs blog. I live in Mt Dora. A new friend, Nan