Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I have not cooked a meal since last Thursday

It has been wonderful. Tomorrow is my last day of vacation and I won't be cooking this day either. I have been taken out and had meals cooked for me. Of course Thursday I will have to come back to reality, return to my real life both at work and at home. Until then though I am still on vacation. I managed to finish 2 cards this evening. This first one I have been playing with for days. I had made the background. That was easy enough but adding an image was a little tricky. Just couldn't get the look I had dreamed of. I'm using my Rose set from Flourishes again. It is one of my favorites. I don't think this stamp set could look bad on any card front.

I first embossed the background stamp with clear embossing powder and then sponged Mustard and Victorian Velvet Distressed ink over it. I used my Prisma pencils and Gamsol to color the rose and leaves. The next card uses another rose from the set. My first time for using it. I colored it the same way and cut it out. The back ground is watercolor paper sprayed with water and then with several Glimmer Mists. I added pearls to both.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pat, I love that background stamp. Also the misted water color background paper. I may have to give that a try. I love the subtle blending of the colors. See ya soon! kk

Anonymous said...

So lovely

Lis