Monday, April 26, 2010

Alcohol ink can be used on more than cards

I have been wanting to do this ever since I saw someones heat gun on another blog and since I have the day off I am playing. So here are my heat gun (plastic) and this white box (metal) that you can find at Joanns or Micheals.



And here they are finished.



Here is what I used. You could use Alcohol Blending Solution or you can use 91% Rubbing Alcohol. There are different strengths of alcohol when you go looking for it. This is the recommended percentage to use. Several colors of Alcohol ink and cotton balls.




Soak your cotton with the alcohol and add several drops of each color of your ink.



Now start pouncing and keep pouncing adding more ink as needed to get the look you want.




Now one last step. Spray your finished projects. with Fixatif by Krylon. They will take a few minutes to dry.



I hope you take the time to alter something. The box can now have bling or ribbon added to it. Maybe some flowers on the top. You will have a pretty and very quick and easy gift for someone when you are done. These boxes come in all shapes and sizes. The possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat
those are just beautiful , and so simple to do
Thank you for showing us this and I am buying a tin next trip to town