Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Can I borrow a Coffee filter??

I told Dawn D last night to watch for my Blog today if I figured out what to do with these things. Well it's taken me all day but I have 2 cards to share with you this evening. The background paper is a Coffee Filter. Here is what you do. Take one of your dinner plates and drop some reinker on them. About 4-5 drops of 3 different colors. Spray with some water and lay the filter on top and soak it all up. Wear plastic gloves. Trust me wear gloves. I have blue hands. I used Distressed inks on mine thinking they would be softer colored but instead they are bright and vivid. I love them. Dry with your heat gun and go to creating. On the red one I stamped leaves. Now I experimented with this. I tried embossing with black and hated it. I cut them out and hated that so I made a background paper by just stamping the leaf with black ink. The filters are a little hard to cut with your paper cutter so I ended up attaching it to my card and then cutting around the card with my scissors. The 4 little leaves at the bottom were stamped on white, water colored and cut out. They were a little dull against the background so I took my Atyou Spica orange glitter pen and colored over them. Brightened those leaves right up. The red leaf at the bottom is one of the charms from Custers' last Stamp that I did their enameling technique on. Finished it off with my falling leaves verse. The blue and green card I did a little different. I wondered if I could do a Batik technique on it. So I stamped the butterfly all over with Versa Mark and embossed with white EP. Took a piece of newsprint and ironed the embossing powder off the butterflies. Then I over stamped the Batik butterflies with black inked butterflies. Again laid it on the card and then cut around. I stamped a few words in black and added a double butterfly I had colored with markers and then embossed with clear EP. The filters make a nice background paper for your projects. It has a nice feel and a nice look. Give it a try and let me know how you like it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat
a beautiful job and to think---coffee filters --wondeful.......Lis