Monday, February 9, 2009

A sketch and a Tutorial

It's Monday again and time for the Mojo Monday Sketch. I'm doing good so far. Haven't missed a one in 09. Here's my card. I had fun making it. It's been forever since I did this technique. Let me tell you about it.


I Host a Technique swap on my group SSSD and this month I am teaching how to make a plaid. A friend of mine showed this technique about 2 years ago and I haven't tried it again until now. I ask myself why because this is great! It makes a wonderful Spring looking design, I think, and we are all ready for that. It starts with a little template. This one is made on a plastic graph sheet but I used acetate to make them for my swappers. It's 2x6". Skip the first 1/4" and cut out a 1/2" piece along the long side leaving 1/4 at each end. That's the wide space. Now skip 1/4" and cut out a 1/4" piece along the long side leaving 1/4" at each end. And now you have your narrow space. Hope that all made sense.

Tape it down to your work surface on each side and slip your card stock under it. Your card stock should be even with the top of your template. The wide space should be at the top.

Now pick 2 colors of dye ink pads. I used SU Barely Banana and Certainly Celery. With a sponge dauber and Banana I filled in the wide space.


With another dauber I filled in the narrow space with celery.

Now move the card stock up lining up the bottom of the Celery space with the top of the template.

Continue with filling in the spaces until you reach the bottom. Now turn your card stock 1/4 turn and line the tops up again.

Fill in the spaces as you did before until you reach the bottom.


Now finish your card. Here's another one I made. The Rose is a Spellbinder die. The square I made with a border punch.

1 comment:

Corie said...

This is so pretty -- thanks for sharing the tutorial!!