Tuesday, August 30, 2011

SCS Tuesday Color Challenge

I planned to have this card finished this morning but I was called to work early. But its finished now. I used the Mojo Monday Sketch for this week as my guide.
The colors to use are Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard and Calypso Coral.  This is my first color challenge at SCS. Besides the colors they have what they call the "dessert". The dessert this week was to make your own designer paper. I gathered the 3 colors. I did not have the Coral so I used Groovy Guava. I decided to try the Double Embossing technique. You run your card stock through your Cuttlebug in a folder. Then after removing it from the folder rub Versa Mark over the raised area. Embossed with Clear EP. That was my bottom layer. Then I used the smaller poppy from my set of stamps from Marks Finest Papers to pretty up a couple pieces of the Cherry Cobbler for more paper with a designer look. I would never have picked these colors to use together but they worked. I especially like the Double Embossed paper.  The main image is colored with pencils and Gamsol.


2 comments:

kksb said...

Beautiful card! Your double embossed paper is marvelous.

Olena said...

Awesome card! Lovely! Olena