Thursday, July 28, 2011

Christmas in July

This challenge gave me the excuse to get out the rubber sheet I bought about 8 months ago, cut it out and mount all the stamps. I made 2 cards this afternoon. My Christmas cards have now been started. The stamps are from I Brake for Stamps and the challenge can be found at the I Brake for Challenges blog. Both cards are sponged with Distressed inks. For the first card I cut out a circle on both my card base and my top layer. I used the circle that was cut out to stamp the little town. Placed it inside my card behind the cut out circle.  The Wisemen were stamped on a scrap strip piece, partially cut out and popped up on the bottom.


The second card I embossed the Star, the Wisemen and the sentiment and then sponged the background.

2 comments:

Merry said...

What terrific scences on both of these cards. I really love how you have cut the circle out of the first card.

Terry said...

These are just wonderful! The designs are stunning!