Thursday, October 14, 2010

I survived the closing shift.

 It was a long night but I made it through. Learned a lot of what has to be done to close a restaurant. Made it home by 2 AM, had to unwind and was asleep a little after 3. Luckily I have today off and have been busy working on some great challenges. The first one is from The Play Date Cafe. It's a color challenge.

I went through my stash and found this piece of Faux Barn siding I had made a few weeks ago. I decided on this old truck from SU. Colored it with pencil and Gamsol. Layered the light green and light blue card stocks. Used the same colors on my truck. This is a great image to color. I have another truck and was never happy with it but this one looks good every time.

     A while back I did a red, black & white challenge. This was one of the card bases I had made but just couldn't make it work. I found it today and these scalloped shapes I had also cut out for that challenge and couldn't make them work either. Today they all went together in no time. I had colored this Poinsettia last week and to me it was perfect. One more Christmas card finished.

7 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Fab truck image Pat, and it looks great in this week's play date cafe colours - thanks for playing :)
ps love the black and red card too :)

Ruby said...

Love both cards, but especially your truck card, your colouring is great! Thanks for joining in with the fun this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, the faux barn siding looks wonderful behing your beautiful colors image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Love your truck! What a great image for a masculine card! Wonderful card. Lovely red, black and white card too! Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cute image and fabulous design! Right on with our colors as well! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I miss working in a restaurant! Hope you had a great day off! Great cards--love that truck! So pretty--this is a perfect card for a guy! LOVE IT:) Thanks for playing along with the PDCC and joining in the fun!!

Unknown said...

love the color of the truck!! fab card!! :)