Sunday, August 1, 2010

A black & white challenge

This week at The Play Date Cafe the challenge was to make a black & white card with a splash of green.

You can read about it Here. This became a real problem for me but once I stopped trying to make my background paper and found this stamp everything just sort of fell into place. I was trying to emboss black flowers on my white card stock and could not get it to look right. So out came the webbing and I was happy as can be with my background. And as soon as I sat down again to try and put something together and saw this great stamp from Stampendous I knew what to do with it to get my splash of green.

6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, great use of the Spotlight Tech! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! this card is FUN!! I love that spotlighting on the grass! Great idea;) Great card all around!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely spotlight technique. Beautiful card. Glad you decided to join in the PDCC challenge this week.

True :) said...

Your card is awesome! You should also enter it in Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Black and White" challenge! You could win a $10 gift certificate!
Hugs,
True :D

Karen B. said...

This is one cool card. It stood out to me in the Play Date gallery.

Handmade by Vivi said...

awesome card Pat!
love it!
xxx
Vivi