Monday, December 22, 2008

A quick webbing lesson

Hubby is out running an errand so I have a few moments to play. I LOVE webbing. I know you probably get tired of hearing me say that but I can't help it. Love the stuff!! So here is a real fast background. You need a brayer, piece of card stock and an ink pad. Oh and of course the Webbing. This one is a Kaleidacolor blank rainbow pad. I made my own color combination. Very cool. I used all SU inks; More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Mellow Moss, Tempting Turquoise and Night of Navy.



Just take short strokes with your brayer. We're looking for the blotchy look.



OK now fill in the whole piece of card stock with this kind of stroking.



Now is the time for the webbing. It comes in gold, silver, black and white.



Sometimes I spray outside in the grass but for class purposes I bought this rubbermaid wash basin container at Walmart. Lay your piece in the bottom and spray away. Remember to keep your arm moving. If you hold it still you will get big blobs instead of a webbed look.



And here is the finished work of art. I used 3 colors of webbing; black, gold and white.



Keep checking back. I plan to post everyday during my time off with lots of tips and ideas
.

No comments: