Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Challenge #4


While I was getting ready for a workshop I hostess online I realized there were no purples in any of my backgrounds. So I got busy with my Distressed inks and worked with TJs Spritz and Flick and Polished Rainbow. What I came up with was really pretty and decided I needed to fit it into this weeks TJ/Techno Stampers challenge. It took forever. I needed just the right color of card stock and image. Finally pulled out my SU card stock and there was the right color of purple. It matched perfectly. I found an embossed piece of green in my stash. That looked perfect. Now for the image. Nothing looked like it belonged until I held up this I Brake for Stamps Japanese Lantern. My problem this glossy paper does not take color. It has a pearly look to it. Bought a package of it and haven't been able to do anything other than emboss on it. I have been really disappointed with it. I tried ink, H2Os, pencil and was ready to give up when..... out came the chalk and the blending brush and color at last. I was so excited. So added the image and then the corners of the card looked too bare. I tried several things but didn't like anything I did. Finally cut 2 pieces from my scraps from the triangle and that did it for me. I hope you like it. It took a lot of time pulling this one together but I am pleased with the results so it was worth the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat I Loved this... You out did yourself! Glad you had the patience to stick with it. It is so Lovely. It looks as if the latern is glowing.
Debi Pippin

Tammy Dunlap said...

Oh this is very pretty Pat! Nice job!