Monday, July 1, 2013

Coloring on Glitter

Welcome SSSD ladies. This month swap technique is quick and fun. Let's get started. You need double sided adhesive sheets or a wide double sided tape, piece of card stock, Gold Outline Stickers, microfine white glitter and markers. 

Cut your adhesive sheet to the size you want your glittered layer. Remove protective paper from one side of your adhesive sheet. 

Now stick your stickers onto the sticky surface. 

Apply your microfine white glitter all over and then use your fingers to move it around and make sure the whole piece is covered.  Press down on it and work the glitter into the adhesive. Then shake off all the excess glitter. 

Here's what it looks like. Nice and sparkly. Remove the backing and stick it to your card stock. I've used Sticker Paper from Sparkle n Sprinkle so I can skip this step. It's already attached to paper.


Using your Copics color your design. The glitter will not hurt your markers. 
 Excuse that shadow. I have got to figure out what part of me is causing that in all my photos and get rid of it. 

Here's my finished card. 

Have fun ladies.

4 comments:

Stampsnob. said...

Wonderful technique Pat and it shows well on the lovely finished card...........Lis

Gail said...

This is a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

kReN said...

Wow! Wish I had brought up my other outline stickers. This is a great technique for holiday cards.

Louella said...

OH for heavens sake, I've made another boo boo! I just bought some Martha Stewart glitter in which I thought it was extra fine "WHITE" glitter! Right? Now when I get home the bottle says, crystal fine, does that mean that its clear glitter? Ohhhhh dearrrr, well, I guess we'll find out, I love the sparkle of this card, thanks for another great technique. Louella