Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SSSD Try a new Technique--Spotlight Resist


This technique really gave me a problem. I tried several different times but finally got an image I liked before I got frustrated enough to pull my hair out. :O).  Hopefully you won't have the same experience. 

The first thing you need to do is stamp your image with Versa Mark.

                                               Now emboss this with Black Embossing Powder.

                                                         Color it in with markers.

Now use a Versa Marker to fill the areas you colored and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. Don't have a Versa Marker I'll show you an alternative at the end.

Cover your image with a post it note making sure parts of your image are left showing. I had to cut my post it note down.

Sponge a dark colored ink all over your exposed card stock. No ink will cover what has been embossed.

Remove the square and attach post it notes all around your image right on the line of ink made in step before.

Sponge the lighter color around the edge of the post it notes. You want to leave the very center uninked.

           Now if you want you can stamp something around the edges with the lighter ink.

Remove your post it notes and now you can cut the piece down to the size you want to work with.  I was not happy with this. I know I'm not happy with the blue ink and I'm not sure the image is what I wanted for this either.

So I continued to play around until I came up with something I like. Here is my card for the swap.

Now if you don't have a Versa Marker you can use a Silhouette stamped image embossed with black.

4 comments:

Designing with Debbie said...

Awesome cards and technique can't wait to try it.

Louella said...

Ohhh Nooo! Oops, I tried it, ha, it didn't work out. What I made is pretty, but noooo, its not right, I somehow messed up one of the steps, ahhhh, ohhh well, now I have to start allll over, but at least I have a pretty piece to use on another card, soooo, here we go again .....

Louella said...

Thanks so much Pat, for the wolf and for being the teacher! Louella

kReN said...

Nice tut!