Sunday, April 10, 2011

My First DT project for Stamping Vacation

But before I show it to you I want to tell you a little about Stamping Vacation. My friend Danielle told me about this challenge blog about a year ago. When I first saw it I thought oh my goodness so many challenges. They have one a day all month long. How could you possibly do them all. I stayed away but she kept showing her cards and so I went back, started reading, got hooked on the Build a Sketch challenge and a few others and fell in love. I found out you have a whole month from the time it is announced to complete the challenge. If you look on the left hand side of the screen on their site you will see all them listed and when they are do. I have to tell you they have some fun challenges and I hope those of you who follow me will play along. There is a monthly drawing for a $25.00 gift certificate. Everytime you post a card you are entered into the drawing. So come on over to the Stamping Vacation and start enjoying yourself. Now on to my first Assignment.

Embellish It Challenge ---April 10th

Simple challenge.... all you do is use the listed embellishment on your creation.

The Embellish It Challenge is....

USE MAGIC MESH

you have until May 10th to complete this challenge.


Here is my card.

 I made the background with a border stamp. First with one color in one direction and then in the other direction with a second color forming a plaid. My image from Stampendous is colored with Prisma Pencils and Gamsol. Cut it out with the Spellbinders Dahlia dies. Now I will let you in on a secret. If you are like me and live where there is no stamping/scrapping shopping and have to do most shopping online you probably have a Home Depot or Lowes near by. So if you can't find Magic Mesh keep on reading. This is called Dry Wall Tape. Comes in this huge roll and is quite inexpensive. Will last forever!!


 Dry Wall Tape has a sticky side and a non sticky side. I have colored it 3 different ways here in my samples. The first one I pressed the sticky side into my black embossing powder and heated. It has a speckled look. The second sample is the one I used. I pressed it into my Versa Mark pad and then coated with embossing powder and heated. The last sample I pleated and the sticky side helps with this. Then I swiped my ink pad acrossed it.


I hope to see some of you joining me at Stamping Vacation. If you have never done a challenge give it a try. They give you a starting point and if you can't come up with an idea all of the challenges at Stamping Vacation should have something for you to get those creative juices flowing.

No comments: