Monday, May 4, 2009

a great week end

I had another play day Saturday. Husband and daughter were both at work so I took advantage of the time and did all my swaps for May for all of my groups. Going into the mail this morning. Yeah!! So then I started to clear off my desk and put things away. Came across a few images I colored and some Grunge board bugs I put out so I would use sooooooooo I used them. This first card is made from a Zindorf tutorial if any of you follow her blog you probably saw it. This is done completely by swiping ink pads across the paper to make the background. Stamped the tree and added white gel pen here and there. Little Grunge butterfly I inked up with a dauber.



Then I did the soda can experiment with my punches. I have a hard time punching SU paper with my Martha Stewart border punch. Couldn't punch the can with it either but I had a bunch of wallpaper scraps on my desk from envelope making and liked how this particular one looked punched. Added a water colored sunflower from I Brake for Stamps and another inked Grunge butterfly.



I colored images as I came across them mixed in with all my papers. Some with Copics and some with my pencils and Gamsol. I really think I prefer the pencil and Gamsol look to Copics. I even did some with both and I colored over the pencils with the Copics. I'll have to show you that combination when I get a card made. I then found a Sunflower cut out so inked that up, put it together and added a Grunge dragonfly. I colored him with glitter pens so he sparkles. And now it's back to work.

1 comment:

Garvin said...

"Then I did the soda can experiment with my punches."Don't you mean pop can?