Sunday, April 1, 2012

SSSD-April Technique-Crayon Resist

Hi ladies. This is a quick and easy technique. It will give you that worn vintage type look. You can use a white crayon but I had trouble seeing where I colored and where I didn't so I decided to use a dark color.  The first thing you need to do is run your white card stock through your machine inside an embossing folder. 

 Now leave it in the folder for some stability while you rub the crayon over the raised parts. Take the paper off your crayon and laying it on its side rub the design. Getting some darker areas.


                                                  This is what you will end up with.

        Now take your sponge and start working the color into your paper using a sponge and dye ink.

Continue to add color or colors until you are happy with the results. Buff it with a paper towel. The ink will not stick to the heaviest colored areas. 

                                              This is my card.

                                             Here is a second background I did.

Experiment with colors. Try out white. You will love the results. 

5 comments:

Tammylee said...

Another great tutorial!

Anonymous said...

What a great effect and lovely colours.

Louella said...

Oh Pat, your card for this technique is beautiful! I hope mine turns out like yours did! I can see doing this a bunch of times with different folders! And colors too, thanks for another fun looking technique!! Louella

Stampsnob. said...

This looks like something I could do Thank you Pat for sharing...Lis

Donna Ellis said...

Pat, this technique is amazing! I especially like that you used color, and not the white. Very pretty!